Wednesday, June 30, 2010

“She Is Definitely Not Good For You In Marriage"


Quantcast

Ash-Sha’bi related that he one day heard Al-Mugheerah Bin Shu’bah say;

“The only person who defeated me in anything was a young man from a clan of Banu Al-Haarith Bin Ka’b. That occurred when I proposed to a woman from Banu -Al-Haarith. When I did so, a young man from the same clan was seated nearby and heard everything I said.

He then approached me and said, ‘O leader, she is definitely no good for you!

I said, ‘O son of my brother, what is wrong with her?

He said, ‘I once saw a man kiss her (and her not object to that)!

I immediately withdrew my proposal, but then I later found out that that very same young man had married her. I went to him and said, ‘Did you not tell me that you saw a man kiss her?

He said, ‘Yes, I once saw her father kiss her!’

[Taken from "Gems And Jewls", P. 204]

I loved this, had to share it!

2 comments: