Thursday, January 20, 2011

You are free of needs and of needs I can't be free
Yet, time after time you've been there:
I sin and you take me back.
I assume and you teach me.
I err and you correct me.
I fall and you pick me up.
I lose my way and you guide me
I lose sight of what's real and you help me see
;This dunya is not where I'm meant to be.

You opened my heart to feelings I can't explain
Explain not only to others, but even myself
When I'm happy, its because of you
When I'm sad, I turn to you
When I'm angry, I remember you
When I'm torn about something, I ask you

I love you
Maybe that's why you put up with me
You can turn me away
Or let me lead myself astray
And leave me to fend for myself on judgment day
But you don't
You let me raise my hands
Allow my legs to stand
Put my head on the floor
Shed tears till I have no more

Only with you do I feel safe
For with you is my fate
I'm still in transit & jannah is my destination
"Say, Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying
are for Allah , Lord of the worlds." (6:162)
--
May Allah forgive us & enter us all into Jannah by His mercy.

-Umm Harun

No comments:

Post a Comment